Qatargas Operating Company Limited Job, Commercial Manager, Engineers, Accountants 9 Oct
Beijing Representative Office (BRO)
1. Maintains the relationship with Buyers by the frequent contacts necessary in Chinese business protocols. Ensures close and frequent communication with Buyers, Ship-owners, and Qatargas to ensure safe and efficient operations are maintained to the benefit of Qatargas.
2. In order to protect the interests of Qatargas in this important matter, closely guides information exchange, related to procedures of the ADP (Annual Delivery Program) between Qatargas and Buyers, with defending and protecting Qatargas position.
3. Responsible to ensure the monthly 90-Day Delivery Schedule and requests are exchanged between Qatargas and Buyers. Supports Commercial & Shipping to communicate details of ship movement to LNG Buyers to ensure ships meet contractual arrangements for delivery of LNG in accordance with the ADP and the 90-Day Delivery schedule.
4. Manages timely communication of details of delivered LNG to Sales Administration Department to allow invoicing to be conducted swiftly and accurately. Ensures invoices from Qatargas to LNG Buyers are correctly processed, and payments are made in accordance with the SPA.
5. Liaises regarding sales promotion for Qatargas Commercial and Shipping to Chinese Buyers including the new long term LNG sales contract, Master Agreement, and spot cargo deliveries (but is not involved in sales negotiations, pricing discussions or contract signing).
6. Coordinates Shipping Emergency Exercise in BRO and participates in the emergency response procedures for Qatargas involving Qatargas LNG vessels in Chinese waters and acts as BRO site commander as required.
7. Prepares yearly and 5 year budget to meet operational needs for the BRO, and monitors the variance against the budget.
8. Supports the management and administration of the BRO to ensure the office business and its control in accordance with the Qatargas Policy & & Procedures and the BRO Management Procedures. When necessary, acts as Acting BRO Chief Representative.
9. Manages the recruitment of BRO staff, training and staff competency, liaises with local labour agent on contract renewal and staff welfare.
10. Ensures that the BRO activities and role, its communications on marketing issues with actual or potential Chinese LNG customers, its interaction with the Qatargas Marketing Department, and certain organizational issues are arranged so that the BRO operates in accordance with the company’s tax obligations policies and procedures.
B. Sc. Degree in an appropriate discipline (Business, Economics, Engineering or Finance)
Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the LNG business with primary focus on commercial issues.
Extensive LNG commercial and shipping knowledge and experiences.
Must have experience in working in China, either as part of a large company or servicing a large LNG project.
Must speak fluent Mandarin and English.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online